Cardinal Plant Tissue Cultured in 5 x 1 Gel Mat – 100% Parasite, Pesticide and Virus Free
Out of stock
Add an easy-to-grow Cardinal Plant favored in Dutch-style freshwater planted aquariums! Native to the eastern and central United States, Lobelia cardinalis, also known as “Cardinal Flower,” is commonly found growing emergent along streams, ponds, and waterways. Kept in its submersed state in the home aquarium, its stems produce bright green leaves with scarlet red undersides. Tissue Cultured plants are “cloned” and propagated by removing a small piece of plant, sterilizing it to eliminate all other organisms, then cultivating it on a nutrient gel. The benefits of this process are threefold: 1) TC plants eliminates the possibility of introducing contaminants, snails, or algae spores into your aquarium system; 2) Their propagation method (in a nutrient gel) bypasses the need to power large lights and fan systems to grow them prior to sale, saving energy and the environment; and 3) Their long “shelf-life” (several months under proper conditions) provides unprecedented freedom for the aquarist. TC plants arrive ready for planting in “dry” packaging, sustained in a nutrient rich gel substrate. To plant, remove from packaging, including the gel, and rinse away the gel under running water (it’s harmless if any remains). Provide Lobelia cardinalis “Dwarf” moderate to high lighting to prevent wilting and to promote compact, lush growth.CO2 injection is highly recommended for success, along with plenty of micronutrient dosing. This unique stem plant grows upward at a moderate pace, producing side shoots and numerous white roots at the nodes. The Cardinal Plant’s slow and dwarf growth makes it ideal for mid- ground placement to add density and interest to planted aquarium displays. Arrange and prune into neat rows for a classic Dutch “street” aquascaping effect. Approximate Purchase Size: 2-1/2″ to 4″
- You will get 1 Cardinal Plant Tissue Cultured as pictured. The portion is grown in a 5 x 1 inches gel mat. Just wash off the gel and plant!
- Tissue cultured plants are 100% guaranteed to be parasite and pesticide free because of the way they are grown.No risk of introducing unwanted elements to your aquarium.
- Cardinal Plant is a popular carpet plant for aquarium foreground and midgrounds
- Make your aquarium stand out with this beautiful and hard to find plant
- Perfect for any size aquarium