Bacopa Caroliniana Tissue Cultured in 5 x 1 Gel Mat – 100% Parasite, Pesticide and Virus Free
Out of stock
We are excited to offer the revolutionary, eco-friendly, risk-free alternative to traditional aquatic plants: Tissue Cultured (TC) plants! Because of their pristine propagation, TC plants are highly recommended for sensitive habitats like nano aquariums containing snails and shrimps. Bacopa caroliniana is a popular aquascaping plant for adding strong vertical elements to the background of freshwater planted aquariums. Its bold leaf structure, ease of care, and relatively slow growth make it a popular standby. Coloration is typically greenish yellow, but under intense light or near the surface, shoots will exhibit a pinkish or copper-brown color. Tissue Cultured plants are “cloned” and propagated by removing a small piece of plant, sterilizing it to eliminate all other organisms, then cultivating it on a nutrient gel. The benefits of this process are threefold: 1) TC plants eliminate the possibility of introducing contaminants, snails, or algae spores into your aquarium system; 2) Their propagation method (in a nutrient gel) bypasses the need to power large lights and fan systems to grow them prior to sale, saving energy and the environment; and 3) Their long “shelf-life” (several months under proper conditions) provides unprecedented freedom for the aquarist. TC plants arrive ready for planting in “dry” packaging, sustained in a nutrient rich gel substrate. To plant, remove from packaging, including the gel, and rinse away the gel under running water (it’s harmless if any remains). Provide a minimum of 2 watts per gallon of full spectrum (5000°K-7000°K) lighting for the best results. Bacopa caroliniana can tolerate water temperatures from 72°-82°F, but for optimum growth, the temperature should be approximately 76°F. Approximate Purchase Size: 2-1/2″ to 4″ Care Level: Moderate Lighting: Moderate to High Placement: Background Water Conditions: 72-82° F, KH 3-8, pH 6.0-8.0 Propagation: Seeds & Cuttings Max. Size: 1′ Color Form: Green
- You will get 1 Bacopa Caroliniana Tissue Cultured as pictured. The portion is grown in a 5 x 1 inches gel mat. Just wash off the gel and plant!
- Tissue cultured plants are 100% guaranteed to be parasite and pesticide free because of the way they are grown.No risk of introducing unwanted elements to your aquarium.
- The Bacopa Plant is an easy to maintain plant that is idea for aquarium midgrounds and foregrounds. Propagates easily by cutting its stems and planting them
- Make your aquarium stand out with this beautiful and hard to find plant
- Perfect for any size aquarium