Live Mosquito Fish – Mosquito Larvae Pond Control
5 in stock
Mosquitofish are small in comparison to many other freshwater fish, with females reaching an overall length of 7 cm (2.8 in) and males at a length of 4 cm (1.6 in). The female can be distinguished from the male by her larger size and a gravid spot at the posterior of her abdomen. The name “mosquitofish” was given because the diet of this fish sometimes consists of large numbers of mosquito larvae, relative to body size. Gambusia typically eat zooplankton, beetles, mayflies, caddisflies, mites, and other invertebrates. Mosquitofish were introduced directly into ecosystems in many parts of the world as a biocontrol to lower mosquito populations.
- You get 6 Mosquito Fish of about 1 inch in lenght
- Gambusia or “Mosquito Fish” are used in ponds to control mosquitos by eating their larvae before they hatch
- Keep your water garden and your home free of mosquitos the natural way
- Civilized and peaceful. Will not attack other fish nor eat pond plants
- Ships in an insulated box with the utmost care. We only ship on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.