Dwarf Hairgrass Tissue Cultured – 100% Parasite, Pesticide and Virus Free
8 in stock
Dwarf Hairgrass is a great plant for beginners and seasoned aquarium keepers alike. It is an attractive bottom covering plant with long light green grass-like leaves. This species uses runners to propagate and will spread out in a thick carpet of grass. The Dwarf Hairgrass will make an excellent spawning medium, as well as a great foreground plant. This species is amphibious, and will thrive either partially or fully submersed. Tissue Cultured plants are “cloned” and propagated by removing a small piece of plant, sterilizing it to eliminate all other organisms, then cultivating it on a nutrient gel. The benefits of this process are threefold: 1) TC plants eliminates the possibility of introducing contaminants, snails, or algae spores into your aquarium system; 2) Their propagation method (in a nutrient gel) bypasses the need to power large lights and fan systems to grow them prior to sale, saving energy and the environment; and 3) Their long “shelf-life” (several months under proper conditions) provides unprecedented freedom for the aquarist. TC plants arrive ready for planting in “dry” packaging, sustained in a nutrient rich gel substrate. To plant, remove from packaging, including the gel, and rinse away the gel under running water (it’s harmless if any remains). The Dwarf Hairgrass can be housed in water from 70°-83°F, with a neutral pH. This species appreciates a soft substrate that is rich in fertilizer. Provide the plant with moderate lighting of 2 watts per gallon or more, in the color temperature of 5000 to 7000 Kelvin. The Dwarf Hairgrass propagates from the many runners that will branch off the root area. It grows exceptionally fast, and will quickly cover the bottom of the aquarium. Approximate Purchase Size: 2-1/2″ to 4″
- You will get 1 Dwarf Hairgrass Tissue Cultured as pictured. The portion is grown in gel. Just wash off the gel and plant!
- Tissue cultured plants are 100% guaranteed to be parasite and pesticide free because of the way they are grown.No risk of introducing unwanted elements to your aquarium.
- Dwarf Hairgrass is a popular and easy plant for aquarium foregrounds
- Make your aquarium stand out with this beautiful and hard to find plant
- Perfect for any size aquarium